Do you own your own life and only your life?
Or do you try to save the world by trying to take on EVERYONE’S garbage that has nothing to do with you?
I’m going to be very blunt with you.
If you want to be fit long-term, you have to own your life, teach the people closest to you how to own theirs’s (so you don’t have to ALWAYS pick up the slack) and discern where people really need your help or if they’re just taking advantage of you.
When it comes to getting fit long-term, aka in REAL life (not some quick fix fad diet or exercise program)...
how you live your WHOLE ENTIRE life matters.
And for many women in America, this means learning how to let others help themselves.
Because Superwoman gets tired. And when Superwoman gets tired and burnt out, she has no time or energy left over to tend to her own health.
Remember, you DESERVE to be well-cared for too. Not just everyone else. And not JUST because then you can better care for someone else. This is great, but you deserve it just because you are worthy of it.
You are worthy of living a life of health, happiness and joy.
End of story.
But, this isn’t going to happen if you are taking on everyone’s garbage.
And just to be clear, there’s a difference between having little kids (who really do need your help) and having “friends” and family members in your life letting you do shit for them just because you are willing and want to help.
Remember this, the more you do, the more people will expect.
You teach people how to treat you.
Also, when we help someone just because we can and they expect it, we aren’t really doing them any favors for their future. They need to be able to care for themselves to be healthy, happy, and joyful as well.
So, of course I’m not saying don’t help other people. We are on this planet to help others in some way or another.
What I’m saying is, make sure you are helping for the right reasons and that it’s not taking away from YOUR health (and if it is, that it’s something special and you’re making the conscious choice to do it.)
Because you love them, they are truly appreciative, and they might not have been able to do it without you.
-Because this is where you gather your worthiness from (really ponder this one.)
-Because they are guilting you into it.
-They aren’t appreciative.
-They could have done it themselves, but they just know you will do it for them, so they let you.
*These will be at the expense of your health.
We only have so much energy to go around. And when it’s being given to things that aren’t really a priority, we have less for ourselves.
Fitness doesn’t live in a bubble.
If you want to be fit, you need to look at how you live your WHOLE life. Not just your exercise and food.
Be Fit AND Happy!
Part of being Fit AND Happy is having the BALANCE in our lives to pull off being fit in real life.
To learn more about Brainy Betties and how you can become Fit AND Happy in REAL life click here
About the Company
- Oct 16, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #3 Mindset of Self
- Oct 9, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #2 Mindset Around Exercise
- Sep 25, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #1 Mindset Around Food
- Jul 10, 2017 What Is A Brainy Betty?
- Ashley's Life
- Dec 31, 2017 5 Best Brainy Blogs 2017!
- Does This Sound Like You?
- Exercise Science
- Healthy in the Real World
Mindset with Body/Self
- Dec 11, 2017 Why Telling Yourself You Love Your Body Isn’t Working…and What Will
- Aug 21, 2017 Learning to Love Yourself is the Most Self-Less Thing You Can Do
- Jul 24, 2017 How Self-Care Makes You Feel Better About Your Body
- Jun 3, 2017 Why Loving Yourself Doesn't Make You Lazy-It Makes You Awesome
- May 6, 2017 For the love of god, get in the picture!
- Aug 29, 2016 Why The "Love Your Body" Movement Is Wrong
Mindset with Food
- Jul 17, 2017 Put Your Big Girl Pants On And Make Some Choices
- May 28, 2017 "Eating One Slice is the Same as Eating the Whole Cake"
- May 21, 2017 How to Stop Punishing Yourself for Eating "Badly"
- May 16, 2017 I'm Not Teaching My Daughter to 'Work off' Her Ice Cream
- Dec 19, 2016 How 'The Fear of Missing Out' Makes You Overeat
- Mindset with Life
- Aug 14, 2017 Fitness Doesn't Live in a Bubble
- Aug 7, 2017 Want to Be fit? Stop Obsessing Over the Scale
- Jul 3, 2017 The Secret to Lifelong Fitness
- Jun 19, 2017 The Motivation Myth
- Apr 21, 2017 If Fat Loss is Your Goal, It Will Need to Evolve
- Jan 17, 2017 How Half Naked Fitness Selfies Do You a Disservice and Why I Don't Post Them
- Jan 17, 2017 Why New Year's Resolutions Fail and How to Finally Be Successful!
- Jan 17, 2017 How 'All or Nothing' Workouts Lead to Failure
- Sep 20, 2016 How Our Culture Makes You Despise Exercise
- Dec 6, 2016 Behind A Woman Apologizing for Her Existence
- Tell Me More