I’m not really in the mood to write a normal article today.
I am in a place of relaxation and self-care due to current life events that are zapping my energy.
But, these are the perfect ebbs and flows of life that we NEED to learn how to be okay with to be able to be fit long-term.
Long-term fitness isn’t about #noexcuses or feeling like- if you listen to your body it makes you weak and will cause you to fail. These mindsets are the exact things causing you to fail in the long-run.
Long-term fitness isn’t about white knuckling your way through life and having to rely on willpower to get through. The more you have to rely on willpower the less chance you have of being successful long-term.
When you feel like you need to rest, then rest! This doesn’t make you weak, it makes you smart!
It means you’re managing your energy levels to be more efficient when you get back to it.
You NEED to learn how to manage your energy and the ebbs and flows of life to be successful long-term. Yes, you want a structured fitness and food plan (or at least an understanding of how YOU do things and what works for YOU), but you need to know how to deviate from the plan successfully when life calls for it.
Because if you can’t, and you think long-term fitness means sticking to a plan perfectly, you are in for a life of ‘I’m Starting Over on Monday.’
Real life doesn’t care about your “perfect” plan.
Fitness doesn’t live in a “perfect bubble.”
Give yourself some slack when you need it. And kick yourself in the ass when you need that.
But, most importantly, be honest with yourself and where you’re at in any given point in time.
If you’re honest with yourself, and honor the feedback you’re getting, you will know what you need to do.
All Part of Being Fit And Happy
As you know, being fit AND happy feels like freedom.
Freedom from obsessing about your body, food, and exercise.
Being fit AND Happy is driven by self-love, but also efficiency.
Efficiency in the process.
Molding the process to YOU. Not you trying to mold yourself to the process.
When it's molded to you, it's much easier to adjust to the ebbs and flows of REAL life.
Which is necessary if you want long-term success and to be fit AND happy.
Be Fit AND Happy!
About the Company
- Oct 16, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #3 Mindset of Self
- Oct 9, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #2 Mindset Around Exercise
- Sep 25, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #1 Mindset Around Food
- Jul 10, 2017 What Is A Brainy Betty?
- Ashley's Life
- Dec 31, 2017 5 Best Brainy Blogs 2017!
- Does This Sound Like You?
- Exercise Science
- Healthy in the Real World
Mindset with Body/Self
- Dec 11, 2017 Why Telling Yourself You Love Your Body Isn’t Working…and What Will
- Aug 21, 2017 Learning to Love Yourself is the Most Self-Less Thing You Can Do
- Jul 24, 2017 How Self-Care Makes You Feel Better About Your Body
- Jun 3, 2017 Why Loving Yourself Doesn't Make You Lazy-It Makes You Awesome
- May 6, 2017 For the love of god, get in the picture!
- Aug 29, 2016 Why The "Love Your Body" Movement Is Wrong
Mindset with Food
- Jul 17, 2017 Put Your Big Girl Pants On And Make Some Choices
- May 28, 2017 "Eating One Slice is the Same as Eating the Whole Cake"
- May 21, 2017 How to Stop Punishing Yourself for Eating "Badly"
- May 16, 2017 I'm Not Teaching My Daughter to 'Work off' Her Ice Cream
- Dec 19, 2016 How 'The Fear of Missing Out' Makes You Overeat
- Mindset with Life
- Aug 14, 2017 Fitness Doesn't Live in a Bubble
- Aug 7, 2017 Want to Be fit? Stop Obsessing Over the Scale
- Jul 3, 2017 The Secret to Lifelong Fitness
- Jun 19, 2017 The Motivation Myth
- Apr 21, 2017 If Fat Loss is Your Goal, It Will Need to Evolve
- Jan 17, 2017 How Half Naked Fitness Selfies Do You a Disservice and Why I Don't Post Them
- Jan 17, 2017 Why New Year's Resolutions Fail and How to Finally Be Successful!
- Jan 17, 2017 How 'All or Nothing' Workouts Lead to Failure
- Sep 20, 2016 How Our Culture Makes You Despise Exercise
- Dec 6, 2016 Behind A Woman Apologizing for Her Existence
- Tell Me More