- Are you sick of starting and exercise program only to find yourself quitting a week, a month, or even a couple years later?
- Are you sick of putting in WAY too much effort for a lackluster return in results?
- Are you sick of trying everything under the sun and not understanding why it doesn't work for you?
There IS a reason you keep finding yourself here.
Do you want to know what it is?
Do you want to know this "secret" to lifelong fitness?
Being the Right Amount of Lazy
Yes, you heard me right!
Most people’s problems when they start their fitness journey is LITERALLY trying too damn hard.
Not knowing what you’re doing to make yourself as efficient as possible.
You try so hard that you get burnt out.
You think more is better when it comes to exercise. WRONG.
More is not better. Higher quality is better.
Understanding WHAT you’re doing and WHY you’re doing it is better.
When you’re just willy nilly cutting carbs, killing yourself doing cardio or conditioning circuits, cutting your calories WAY too low or any other silly way to “get fit” you significantly decrease your chances of long-term success.
Because you’re not being efficient
Because no normal human being can do that for the long-term. It requires you to live on willpower.
ANYTIME YOU’RE RELYING ON WILLPOWER, YOU ARE DECREASING YOUR EFFICIENCY.
And repeat after me….
“Efficiency is the Key to Long-Term Success.”
Aka being the RIGHT amount of lazy.
Being the right amount of lazy (and of course being knowledgeable) allows you to get the results you want with…
The Minimum Effective Dose
The minimum effective dose is understanding WHAT you’re doing and HOW it’s affecting your body so you can do the minimum amount of work required to get the results that you want.
This is what allows you to get there without pulling your hair out.
This amount of “ease” is what allows you get to where you want to go, and STAY there.
Doing more than you have to doesn’t lead to life-long fitness…There isn’t any reward offered to the overachievers of fitness (other than usually burnout and throwing in the towel.)
It’s not about more…it’s about BETTER
This Requires LEARNING
This is the thing… Most people want this to be mentally easy.
They don’t want to think.
They just want someone to tell them what to do or just take a pill and have it magically happen. Even if they have to PHYSICALLY kill themselves doing it!
But, it just doesn’t work like this. Hence why the amount of effort you put in, doesn’t NECESSARILY equal the reward you want.
To be efficient, you have to LEARN about yourself and what works for you.
There is NO ONE SIZE FITS ALL
And this is where everyone gets hung up….
There is no secret formula that works for everyone! Hence, why everyone keeps going around in circles (losing weight and gaining it back, starting a fitness program and quitting etc.)
If you DO find this secret formula though, please let me know! Because I want to hear about it!
But, until then, your best bet would be to find a coach that is solid in science and understands how to help you HELP YOURSELF find the best path FOR YOU.
Of course there are guidelines that we go by (what we currently “know” in science), but beyond that, it’s about making it YOURS.
Learning How to Make it Yours
If you want to learn more about what I mean by making fitness yours, schedule a $15 sample session with me (Ashley!) at Brainy Betties in Coxsackie.
This session is no risk. You have nothing to lose.
I am a masters degreed exercise physiologist and personal trainer with over 10 years of experience in the field.
I Got Sick of the Fitness Garbage
I, like you, got sick of sleezy infomercials and other fake promises to fitness. I wanted to learn the truth, and have a deep understanding of the body to help people truly better their lives…in the best way for them.
This Sample Session is Around an Hour and Half...for Only $15!!
This session is part discussion (figuring out where you’ve been, where you are now, and how Brainy Betties can help you get to where you want to go) and part sample workout.
I won’t be doing these forever. So, take me up on this offer while it’s still here.
And no worries, even if you decide Brainy Betties isn’t a good fit for you, you will still leave with a lot of knowledge to better your life.
If you’re ready to set up your sample session you can email me at BrainyBetties@gmail.com
I look forward to meeting you!
Think Fresh and Live Your Fittest and Fullest Life,
About the Company
- Oct 16, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #3 Mindset of Self
- Oct 9, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #2 Mindset Around Exercise
- Sep 25, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #1 Mindset Around Food
- Jul 10, 2017 What Is A Brainy Betty?
- Ashley's Life
- Dec 31, 2017 5 Best Brainy Blogs 2017!
- Does This Sound Like You?
- Exercise Science
- Healthy in the Real World
Mindset with Body/Self
- Dec 11, 2017 Why Telling Yourself You Love Your Body Isn’t Working…and What Will
- Aug 21, 2017 Learning to Love Yourself is the Most Self-Less Thing You Can Do
- Jul 24, 2017 How Self-Care Makes You Feel Better About Your Body
- Jun 3, 2017 Why Loving Yourself Doesn't Make You Lazy-It Makes You Awesome
- May 6, 2017 For the love of god, get in the picture!
- Aug 29, 2016 Why The "Love Your Body" Movement Is Wrong
Mindset with Food
- Jul 17, 2017 Put Your Big Girl Pants On And Make Some Choices
- May 28, 2017 "Eating One Slice is the Same as Eating the Whole Cake"
- May 21, 2017 How to Stop Punishing Yourself for Eating "Badly"
- May 16, 2017 I'm Not Teaching My Daughter to 'Work off' Her Ice Cream
- Dec 19, 2016 How 'The Fear of Missing Out' Makes You Overeat
- Mindset with Life
- Aug 14, 2017 Fitness Doesn't Live in a Bubble
- Aug 7, 2017 Want to Be fit? Stop Obsessing Over the Scale
- Jul 3, 2017 The Secret to Lifelong Fitness
- Jun 19, 2017 The Motivation Myth
- Apr 21, 2017 If Fat Loss is Your Goal, It Will Need to Evolve
- Jan 17, 2017 How Half Naked Fitness Selfies Do You a Disservice and Why I Don't Post Them
- Jan 17, 2017 Why New Year's Resolutions Fail and How to Finally Be Successful!
- Jan 17, 2017 How 'All or Nothing' Workouts Lead to Failure
- Sep 20, 2016 How Our Culture Makes You Despise Exercise
- Dec 6, 2016 Behind A Woman Apologizing for Her Existence
- Tell Me More