Hate your body?
Well, care for it.
And I don’t necessarily mean something that’s going to change it, I mean just care for it for the sake of caring for it.
Showing love in any kind of relationship nurtures the connection between you and the other.
It’s like having your significant other buy you flowers for no reason-other than that they love you.
Physically, emotionally, and spiritually showing your body love (even if you don’t feel like it!) will help you create a better relationship with your body.
Needs to be Done on A Regular Basis
And this is something that has be done on some kind of regular basis for you to continue feeling the effects. You wouldn’t expect your significant other to buy you flowers once and then never show you love in any other way ever again.
This is why self-care is a practice. For you to be your best self, it’s something that needs to be done and practiced regularly.
*Especially since we live in a society that many times makes women feel poorly about their bodies and themselves. It’s our JOB to counteract these messages by actively caring for ourselves.
A Combination of the Three
Doing a combination of the 3 (physical, emotional, and spiritual care) would be the best. Because guess what?! You are body, mind, and spirit. They all work together and feed off of each other to make you a balanced and well-rounded being.
And it’s hard for your mind and your soul to be balanced when you continuously show so much hate towards your body.
Look at it this way:
Say you have a family of three children.
You want all three children to love each other and live in harmony (as much as realistically possible :)
But, you actively love one of them, ignore another one, and then are regularly mean to the other one. How harmonious do you think their lives are going to be amongst each other?
It’s the same thing with your being (body, mind, and soul.) Many times in our modern society, women will have some kind of spiritual connection, ignore their mental health, and actively hate on their body…and then wonder why they’re not happy.
Well, the imbalance and lack of overall self-care is why.
***And because we may have our worthiness in the wrong place. You can read about that in the blog: Why Telling Yourself You Love Your Body Isn't Working...And What Will
If you start actively showing your body love (just for the sake of respecting it!), this will not only help you feel better about your body, but it will be a start to bringing you back into overall balance.
An Example of Caring for All Three
Say you took a bath. And during that bath you meditated and said some nice things to yourself. These nice things don't have to be appearance related. They can be, but definitely don't have to be.
This would be a combination of physical care (the bath), emotional care (the nice thoughts), and spiritual care (the meditation.)
And you’re doing this for no other reason than just showing yourself some love.
We Don’t ALWAYS Need to Be Changing Something
Just the act of caring for yourself with no pressure to try and change is powerful in itself.
Give it a try.
Be Fit AND Happy,
Want your body hate to stop stealing so much quality from your life?
About the Company
- Oct 16, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #3 Mindset of Self
- Oct 9, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #2 Mindset Around Exercise
- Sep 25, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #1 Mindset Around Food
- Jul 10, 2017 What Is A Brainy Betty?
- Ashley's Life
- Dec 31, 2017 5 Best Brainy Blogs 2017!
- Does This Sound Like You?
- Exercise Science
- Healthy in the Real World
Mindset with Body/Self
- Dec 11, 2017 Why Telling Yourself You Love Your Body Isn’t Working…and What Will
- Aug 21, 2017 Learning to Love Yourself is the Most Self-Less Thing You Can Do
- Jul 24, 2017 How Self-Care Makes You Feel Better About Your Body
- Jun 3, 2017 Why Loving Yourself Doesn't Make You Lazy-It Makes You Awesome
- May 6, 2017 For the love of god, get in the picture!
- Aug 29, 2016 Why The "Love Your Body" Movement Is Wrong
Mindset with Food
- Jul 17, 2017 Put Your Big Girl Pants On And Make Some Choices
- May 28, 2017 "Eating One Slice is the Same as Eating the Whole Cake"
- May 21, 2017 How to Stop Punishing Yourself for Eating "Badly"
- May 16, 2017 I'm Not Teaching My Daughter to 'Work off' Her Ice Cream
- Dec 19, 2016 How 'The Fear of Missing Out' Makes You Overeat
- Mindset with Life
- Aug 14, 2017 Fitness Doesn't Live in a Bubble
- Aug 7, 2017 Want to Be fit? Stop Obsessing Over the Scale
- Jul 3, 2017 The Secret to Lifelong Fitness
- Jun 19, 2017 The Motivation Myth
- Apr 21, 2017 If Fat Loss is Your Goal, It Will Need to Evolve
- Jan 17, 2017 How Half Naked Fitness Selfies Do You a Disservice and Why I Don't Post Them
- Jan 17, 2017 Why New Year's Resolutions Fail and How to Finally Be Successful!
- Jan 17, 2017 How 'All or Nothing' Workouts Lead to Failure
- Sep 20, 2016 How Our Culture Makes You Despise Exercise
- Dec 6, 2016 Behind A Woman Apologizing for Her Existence
- Tell Me More