Fat loss as an initial goal is fine. But, it’s not going to carry you through your life and help you create a lifetime of healthy habits.
It CAN be what starts this process. But, to ever get to life-long happy change, your mindset around exercise has to change.
You Can Thank Our Culture
Our culture has damaged your relationship with movement. Instead of viewing it as something that makes you feel good, and something you GET to do, you view it as more of a chore.
Something you HAVE to do.
This is because the media has taught you that you need to be “fixed.” You “need” to look a certain way to be worthy. This negative mindset has turned exercise from a blessing, into a chore.
It’s made it negative.
And actually, you EXPECT it to suck…otherwise it’s worthless right?
You can thank the media for that lie too.
Doing Exercise You Hate
This mindset has you buying into exercise programs that don’t feel good to you. But, because you are sooo desperate to lose weight, and will do whatever it takes, you do them anyways-further damaging your love for exercise.
This is the thing, for fat loss to ever be permanent and enjoyable, you have to learn to love the process and yourself. Eventually, you have to make the transition from “I need to be fixed” to “I want to optimize my health, my life, and my existence.”
But, this shift will never happen if you’re doing movement you hate. Which means, you should do something you like (or know you could learn to like) from the beginning.
There are soooo many different options out there! Get into nature, get with friends, get into sports, try different classes, or use different equipment. Get creative and find what YOU love!
If you hate what you’re doing, you will never fall in love with it.
Fat Loss Doesn’t Even NEED to Be the Goal!
Hell! How about this revolutionary idea!! Instead of coming from a place of NEEDING to lose fat, how about coming from a place of health and creating your best self?
This may have NOTHING to do with fat loss!!!
Don’t get caught up in the idea that you HAVE to have fat loss as a goal. You ABSOLUTELY do not. The mainstream media will tell you otherwise, but this is why you are in this situation to start with.
You Have Choices
You have the choice to come from a positive place-one that feeds your soul (or at least you can be working towards this.) Or a negative place-one that traps you in a constant state of drudgery.
You have the choice to find a style of movement that feels wonderful to you and enhances your experience in life. OR you can choose to continue doing things you hate and hoping for a different outcome.
Please listen to what makes YOU feel good.
Think Fresh and Live Your Fittest and Fullest Life,
~ Ashley Schoborg
Thanks for reading!
If you think this could help someone you know, please share!!!
About the Company
- Oct 16, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #3 Mindset of Self
- Oct 9, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #2 Mindset Around Exercise
- Sep 25, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #1 Mindset Around Food
- Jul 10, 2017 What Is A Brainy Betty?
- Ashley's Life
- Dec 31, 2017 5 Best Brainy Blogs 2017!
- Does This Sound Like You?
- Exercise Science
- Healthy in the Real World
Mindset with Body/Self
- Dec 11, 2017 Why Telling Yourself You Love Your Body Isn’t Working…and What Will
- Aug 21, 2017 Learning to Love Yourself is the Most Self-Less Thing You Can Do
- Jul 24, 2017 How Self-Care Makes You Feel Better About Your Body
- Jun 3, 2017 Why Loving Yourself Doesn't Make You Lazy-It Makes You Awesome
- May 6, 2017 For the love of god, get in the picture!
- Aug 29, 2016 Why The "Love Your Body" Movement Is Wrong
Mindset with Food
- Jul 17, 2017 Put Your Big Girl Pants On And Make Some Choices
- May 28, 2017 "Eating One Slice is the Same as Eating the Whole Cake"
- May 21, 2017 How to Stop Punishing Yourself for Eating "Badly"
- May 16, 2017 I'm Not Teaching My Daughter to 'Work off' Her Ice Cream
- Dec 19, 2016 How 'The Fear of Missing Out' Makes You Overeat
- Mindset with Life
- Aug 14, 2017 Fitness Doesn't Live in a Bubble
- Aug 7, 2017 Want to Be fit? Stop Obsessing Over the Scale
- Jul 3, 2017 The Secret to Lifelong Fitness
- Jun 19, 2017 The Motivation Myth
- Apr 21, 2017 If Fat Loss is Your Goal, It Will Need to Evolve
- Jan 17, 2017 How Half Naked Fitness Selfies Do You a Disservice and Why I Don't Post Them
- Jan 17, 2017 Why New Year's Resolutions Fail and How to Finally Be Successful!
- Jan 17, 2017 How 'All or Nothing' Workouts Lead to Failure
- Sep 20, 2016 How Our Culture Makes You Despise Exercise
- Dec 6, 2016 Behind A Woman Apologizing for Her Existence
- Tell Me More