Be Fit And Happy!
Escape your food, body, and exercise prison
**Fitness Training with a specialization in mindset**
Get the fitness level you want AND love your life too!
Hi Brainy Betty!!!
Do you feel like your life is controlled by thoughts of food, exercise, or your body?
Yes??!! Well, you've come to the right place!
Brainy Betties is all about helping you become:
Helping you create a healthy relationship with your, food, exercise and body...
So you can be fit AND love your life too!
Did you know....
The main thing keeping you from fit AND happy is the mindset you have about yourself?
On this page you will learn...
Why the Mindset You Have About Yourself is Keeping You Locked in Your Food, Body, and Exercise Prison...and is pushing you further into it.
- Why to Be Fit AND Happy, You Also Need CORRECT Science to Go Hand in Hand with Healing Your Mindset…diets and fad exercise programs (and their pseudoscience) are also keeping you locked in your prison.
- How You Can Discover What Diet and Fad Exercise Companies DON’T Want You to Know…learn how you can start your journey to fit AND happy for just $15.
Are Most of Your Days Spent Thinking About Food???
About what you “can” and “can’t” eat?
How your food choice will affect the look of your body?
What the scale is going to say?
Then what you're about to read, is what you've been waiting for all your life!
At the End of Your Life:
Do You Want to look Back and See How much you missed?
because you were always thinking about:
When your next meal was
If there’s going to be food at the party that you “could” eat
How your stomach looks in your outfit
Etc, etc, etc....you know the list goes on and on and on....
Do You Want to Look Back and See a Life Well Lived?
One where you loved the skin you're in and soaked out EVERY amount of pleasure life has to offer?
Hi! I'm Ashley,
Masters degreed exercise physiologist, personal trainer, and owner of Brainy Betties in Coxsackie, NY.
I want you to know that...
I'VE BEEN THERE!!!!
I Know You Feel...
-Like you're the only person who can't get their act together with food
-Ashamed when you eat certain food or certain amounts
-Like your body is "gross" and you think "How could anyone love me like this?"
-Etc, etc, etc...
I know because...
I've been right where you are right now!!!
And it was an excruciating time in my life.
When I was a young, I bought into the idea that my body was less than worthy-that I was less than worthy...
that I was broken/flawed and need to be “fixed.”
So, EVERY decision I made came from this angle
Of course I thought I would “fix this problem."
This started my obsession with running. Because at the time, that’s what I thought I had to do to be fit (it’s not btw.) But, I would run for miles on end. This in combination with hating my body, triggered my unhealthy relationship with food.
There were so many times in my life where I would:
- Eat in hiding (eating 30 chocolate chip cookies in the dark comes to mind)
- Scrutinize my body in the mirror in attempt to stay away from “bad” food (wishing I could cut off certain areas of my body)
- Punish myself with hours of exercise when I ate something “bad”
- Eat ALL THE FOOD so I wouldn’t have to worry about giving into it later.
After not getting the body I wanted through running,
I then decided to try my hand at all the fad diets and exercise programs...
These made my food, exercise, and body obsessions worse!!!
Because not only were they
selling to me from a place of “You’re not good enough”,
They weren’t tailored to me, my unique body, and my unique life
Since these programs just operated on the idea of 'More Exercise is Better' and 'Less Food is better,'
they actually created a hormonal situation in my body that made it even harder to lose fat!!!
To make matters worse, since I was forced to live in their “box” of what I “could” and “could not” do, I had to rely on willpower to stay the course. This along with not seeing the results I wanted, fueled the obsessions...I thought I must be weak for not being able to stick with these programs (when in reality this wasn't the truth.)
And of course, I would go through periods of being EXHAUSTED with this way of "living", would give up for a while, and then try something else later.
But, after many years of this garbage I had it. I was going to “figure this whole exercise and food thing out.”
So, I went to college for exercise physiology and got into fitness training.
Getting my master's degree in exercise physiology, accumulating over a decade of fitness training experience, and constant continuing education in food and exercise has given me:
A WONDERFUL base of scientific knowledge around food and exercise
Knowledge gives you power...as cheesy as that is
A thorough understanding of how to develop a better relationship with food and exercise
By learning how to get rid of the shame/'All or Nothing'/'Good and Bad'/Perfectionism mindsets around them
But, the problem was...
I was now fit (but it wasn't "good enough"), and I was only partially happy. I was happy that my exercise and food were so much more efficient, and my relationship with food and exercise had improved.
But, the constant thoughts about food and exercise were still lingering around....and the obsessions with my body were DEFINITELY still there.
The obsessions were still there because I had yet to deal with the thing that was driving them....
I wasn't truly happy because even though I was fit, my self-worth was still on my body.
So, fit was NEVER going to be fit enough
My mind would STILL be consumed with thoughts of my food, body, and exercise.
This was when I realized something was missing...
To EVER get a woman to fit AND happy (truly happy in her life and in her skin) her mindset about herself and where her worth is needs to be healed.
Our culture is always telling women that their value is on how they look…and we can either continue to accept this message and let it drive our lives OR we can discover and embody a new one....
And this is why I’ve Created Brainy Betties
After taking my self-worth off of my body and becoming FULLY fit AND happy I am now obsessed with helping other women feel this sense of freedom and joy too.
After 15 years in the food, body, and exercise prison, I finally escaped!!! And I couldn’t be happier to live MY life….
Having our thoughts CONSTANTLY being consumed with how our body looks, what we’re eating, or whether we’re going to be able to exercise or not takes soooo much joy from our lives.
Not only that, it takes your focus away from what you’re actually supposed to be doing here...on earth.
I can assure you, you weren’t put here to obsess about your food, body, or exercise 24/7.
My life purpose is to help women just like you escape this food, body, and exercise prison….
That’s why I had to not only live it myself, but become an expert in:
Women's Mindsets with:
***And how all of these are intertwined
Some of my formal degrees and certifications are:
-M.A. Exercise Physiology: The College of St. Scholastica Duluth, MN
-National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Certified Personal Trainer
-Onnit Academy Certified Trainer: Nutrition, mobility, proper body alignment, and the use of unconventional tools (Kettlebells, battling ropes, sandbags, suspension, steel mace, and steel club.)
Learn More About Me and My Qualifications, Here: Owner Bio
What Does Fit AND Happy Feel Like???
Freedom from obsessing about food, obsessing about exercise, and obsessing about your body.
Freedom to be in control of your OWN life, live YOUR life the way you want, and have the fitness level you desire all at the same time.
It’s having the fitness level you want while also loving the life you’re living
Helping other women just like YOU experience the feeling of Fit AND Happy is what gets me excited to get out of bed every single day.
Like I said, I was right where you are right now!
I know the pain you live in every single day.
It doesn't have to be like this.
With the right mindset and science you CAN be Fit AND Happy!
1. Feel confident in your own skin and self
...vs constant nagging "not good enough" thoughts
2. Get control of your food
...vs having your food control you
3. Make exercise a happy, nourishing and efficient expereince
...vs terrible torture
4. Make eating a natural and More effortless process (and still get the results you want!)
...vs wasting half your life counting everything you put in your mouth (i.e. carbs, points, calories, macros etc...)
5. Create optimal efficiency and results with exercise (maximizing your time and energy)
...vs just doing a workout that burns a bunch of calories...but, lacks long-term efficiency and wastes your precious energy
6. Create efficient and sustainable fat loss
…vs losing and gaining fat for the rest of your life
***If this is your goal
What the Brainy Betties Have to Say!
Read All Testimonials Here:
How Brainy Betties Gets You to Fit AND Happy!
In order to be fit AND happy we need to have the right science, but ALSO have our minds right around ourselves.
With all of my experience and study,
I wanted to create something that will
help you escape your food, body, and exercise prison
in the most efficient way possible...
Not only save you time, but unnecessary pain and heartache as well.
What's this thing I have spent years creating???!!!
What's this thing I'm ALWAYS improving to get you to fit AND happy in the most efficient way possible???!!!
What'S THIS THING THAT'S going to help you escape your food, body, and exercise prison???!!
What's Actually going to get you to fit and happY???!!.............
The F.A.B. Life
Brainy Betties' own educational program to get you to fit AND happy!
The F.A.B Life gets you to fit AND happy by helping you become:
FIT, AUTHENTIC, and BALANCED
Create a FIT body that has the ability to fully live
Discover the self-love to be happy in your own skin and live as who you really are (living as your AUTHENTIC self)
Create the BALANCE in your life to truly enjoy living and being fit long-term.
***Before you get into reading the specifics of The F.A.B. Life, understand you only need to learn what's applicable to you...this is just a list of offered benefits.
How FIT Gets You to Fit AND Happy
FIT gives you freedom, efficiency, and clarity with food and exercise.
FIT does this by...
MAKing EATING A NATURAL AND MORE EFFORTLESS PROCESS
(while STILL GETting THE RESULTS YOU WANT!)
...vs wasting half your life counting everything you put in your mouth (i.e. carbs, points, calories, macros etc...) or needing to abide by an “approved” foods list
- Learn how to mindfully eat...how to listen to your body and what it needs, and how to be more aware during the eating process to minimize excess food consumption
- Learn basic food science...to mindfully eat effectively, you want to know how to certain foods and combinations breakdown in your body (i.e. what foods/combinations lead to satiety vs. cravings and hunger.)
helping you GET CONTROL OF YOUR FOOD
...vs having your food control your life
- Learn how overeating works...learn and overcome the mental and biological triggers that are making you overeat
- Get out of 'All or Nothing' Eating....learn how to heal your food shame (those "I am bad" thoughts with food that are driving your 'All or Nothing' relationship with food)
- Stop having cravings derail you...learn how to deal with cravings in a satisfying yet sensible way
Helping you Create efficient and sustainable fat loss
*If this is your goal
…vs losing and re-gaining fat for the rest of your life
By Giving You a Global Understanding of:
- How fat loss ACTUALLY works as a whole…. it's NOT just about a caloric deficit, it's about balanced hormones too!
- Why one approach doesn't work for everyone...why it NEEDS to be tailored to your body to be lasting.
- Why fat loss shouldn't be painful...it absolutely shouldn't be fun either, but if you're in pain, or completely relying on willpower, it's going to backfire.
- The hierarchy of fat loss…the order of importance of food, strength, and cardio for efficient and sustainable fat loss.
By Teaching You How to Create Efficient and Sustainable Fat Loss (for your unique body):
- Food’s role in fat loss….how to tweak the science of your food (what works specific to you and your body) to create efficient and sustainable fat loss
- Exercise’s role in fat loss…how to use exercise to not only help make the process more efficient in the short-term, but make keeping it of sooooo much easier.
- Learn how to be in a deficit without counting anything...become in-tune with the natural feedback your body is giving you.
Teaching You How to Work Around Hormonal Situations that Are Making it Harder to Lose Fat:
- Menopause...learn how to tweak your food and exercise to experience more effortless post-menopausal fat loss. Read Brainy Blog: Why You Gained Inches After Menopause and What You Can Do About It to learn more.
- Over-exercising or exercise program design that isn't conducive to fat loss...more exercise isn't always better when it comes to fat loss (there's a line of diminishing return.)
- Years of dieting...this can make your line between gaining and losing fat VERY small (meaning you have very little wiggle room with the amount of calories you take in before your start to go into fat gain.) Learn how to reverse this affect on your metabolism
Creating OPTIMAL EFFICIENCY AND RESULTS WITH EXERCISE (MAXIMIZING YOUR TIME AND ENERGY)
...vs just doing a workout that burns a bunch of calories...but, lacks long-term efficiency and wastes your precious energy
By Teaching You How to Create a More Efficient Body That WORKS FOR YOU…
To be efficient in the long-term you want your exercise structured in a way that you’re creating a more efficient body that works for you even when you’re sitting on the couch…aka optimizing your hormones/metabolism.
Your long-term focus should be creating a more efficient body, not burning as many calories as possible.
By Understanding Proper Program Design:
- Learn how to use strength training AND cardio to your advantage: learn why strength training and cardio are different, why you want both, and how optimally program them to your advantage
- Learn efficient strength training program design…get your strength training down to 30 minutes 2-3 x per week
- Learn how to design your own workouts….so you have the freedom to replicate them on your own (at home or a gym) for the rest of your life
By Learning proper form with strength training exercises...
Having proper form is key to ensure the results you desire AND keep you safe
MAKing EXERCISE A HAPPY, NOURISHING AND EFFICIENT EXPEREINCE
...vs terrible torture
By Creating a Healthier Mindset Around Exercise...
- Learn how to get out of ‘All or Nothing’ thinking…thinking you ALWAYS have to do your whole workout (or that it doesn’t “count”) OR if you miss a workout you “fell off the wagon”, is the biggest cause of failure.
- Learn how to stop using exercise as punishment…using your workouts as a punishment for eating something unhealthy creates a torturous relationship with exercise (and perpetuates the never-ending “I have to work that food off” mindset”)
- By ending the thoughts that your workouts need to suck to be effective…thinking you need to annihilate yourself during your workouts is not only scientifically incorrect, but also adds un-needed stress…mentally and biologically
- By not doing exercise you hate…if you hate what you’re doing, there’s a slim chance it will ever become a life-long habit…and if it does, it won’t be a happy one.
By Having Efficient Program Design
***See Optimal Efficiency and Results with Exercise
When you work out in an efficient way (one based in science) that feels good AND you start seeing how well that works, you prove to yourself that all those negative mindsets you have around exercise are unnecessary and ultimately standing in the way of your success.
Making it All Happen in REAL life
- By learning how to ebb and flow with life…making adjustments on the fly and learning how to be OKAY with it.
- By learning how motivation and willpower ACTUALLY work… to make healthy eating and exercise a life-long habit
How AUTHENTIC gets you to fit AND happy!
AUTHENTIC gives you freedom and peace in your body and self (As you are right now!!! Physical change not required!)
AUTHENTIC does this by...
Helping you FEEL CONFIDENT IN YOUR OWN SKIN (body/appearance)
...vs having constant thoughts of your body taking away from your life
By Helping you Develop a Healthier Body Image
***Our body image section is highly based off the work of Lindsey and Lexie Kite (twin sisters with their PHDs in Media and Body Image) from the non-profit Beauty Redefined.
“Positive Body Image Isn’t Believing Your Body Looks Good, It’s Knowing Your Body is Good Regardless of What it Looks Like.”
Re-program what you think you know…
Body image (how you feel about your body) is all programming. We weren’t born hating our bodies and thinking we’re less than worthy, this has been learned. We take what we’ve heard about what’s “beautiful” as a fact. But, it’s anything but…
This narrow beauty “ideal” has been created by the media so the majority of women become dissatisfied with their appearance…and buy the products being sold to “fix” themselves.
You hating your body/appearance is a multibillion dollar business.
But, believe it or not, you can break free from this programming/body prison. Here’s how…
How Brainy Betties Helps You Create a Healthier Body Image:
By helping you become truly aware of the affect this messaging is having on you
Because in order to change your self-talk (aka your life), you need to:
1. Realize what deeper messages you’re living out…things your subconscious thinks are true, but aren’t, and are just thoughts on auto-pilot.
- Do you think it’s your job to be a sex object for men?
- Do you think you ARE your body?
- Is any of your value in being “better looking” than the next woman?
2. Notice how these subconscious messages are affecting your everyday life
- “Am I wearing this outfit because I like it? Or is it to impress someone else
- “Do I feel terrible about my body right now because I think I’m less valuable? Or because I’m afraid someone else will think I’m less valuable?"
- “How much quality time is taken from my life by thinking about how I look?”
3. Then explore the validity of these messages (when we dig deep, are these thoughts even true???)
- Am I on this earth to “look good?”
- Is someone/some company benefiting from me thinking these negative thoughts about myself?
- Where are these thoughts REALLY coming from and are they true???
By re-programming/expanding your view of what is beautiful and healthy
1. When you learn how to expand your view of beauty beyond the typical cultural “ideal” and see beauty in a variety of different people, it helps you to see it in yourself.
2. When you evaluate health in a different way (habits vs. looks) it helps you to better carry out your healthy habits.
We’ve been taught to think that JUST because a person looks a certain way means they can’t be healthy. Well, science shows that it’s usually our healthy habits (or lack thereof) that determines our health… not the way our body looks.
To Stop Judging Yourself, You Need to Learn How to Stop Judging Others.
Whenever we judge others it’s really us judging ourselves.
When we make a comment about another person’s appearance (even if only in our head) it’s because we’re insecure in that area. The comment makes us “feel better” because we’re “winning” the comparison game.
But, in reality, it’s this comparison game that’s keeps us judging ourselves…keeps us locked in our body prison.
The above 2 points help you stop judging others so you can stop judging yourself.
***more AUTHENTIC details to come
How BALANCED gets you to fit AND happy!
BALANCED brings harmony to other areas of your life that affect your ability to be fit AND happy in the real world.
BALANCED does this by...
***balanced Details to come
THE FIT, AUTHENTIC, AND BALANCED sections WORK TOGETHER TO HELP YOU BECOME
FIT AND HAPPY FOR THE REST OF YOUR LIFE!
I’ve created and continuously improve the F.A.B. Life curriculum. It’s based on my knowledge, background, and resources from ONLY world-renowned experts in psychology, neuroscience, social work, biochemistry, body image, nutrition etc.)
Why Brainy Betties is the Obvious Choice
How Brainy Betties is different from other fitness programs
Emotional Freedom + Physical Freedom
Not only does Brainy Betties get you to fit AND happy, but was created so you stay there!
Unlike most fitness programs (that only address the straight forward exercise and food pieces to fitness), Brainy Betties Makes sure you:
Address the emotional aspects of your food, exercise, body, or self...the things that are ACTUALLY driving your behaviors
Have all the tools (knowledge) to continue your journey without my help...unlike most where you pay for a session or a class and are then left in the dark on how to replicate it on your own.
Have learned how to develop intrinsic motivation...so you don't have to keep relying on an outside source for motivation
The end goal is for you to be:
Fit AND happy for the rest of your life…ON YOUR OWN
***If I’m doing my job correctly, you will eventually graduate from the Brainy Betties program.
I will be so sad to see you go, but so thrilled to have been the one to set you free from your prison and help you be able to stay fit AND happy on your own…for life.
Start your journey to Fit AND Happy!