Do you feel like you are soooo overwhelmed with nutritional advice?
Do you constantly get swayed by the new recommendations and “research”?
Does all this “good” advice add more stress to your life and make things more complicated?
There comes a time in your nutritional journey where you need to slow down the information intake and make some decisions for yourself.
Yes, of course we want guidelines from people who actually know what the hell they are talking about.
*And FYI this is not Dr. Oz, your friend peddling supplements, or anyone of the like.
But, this is the thing, even when you’re getting WORLD CLASS ADVICE they are still just GUIDELINES. No matter what anyone tells you…because everyone and their bodies are different.
You want to take nutritional guidelines (eat from the earth; be having meals of protein, fiber, and fat etc..) and MAKE THEM YOURS.
So, you need to put some trust in yourself that you are perfectly capable of nourishing yourself and your life in a way that works FOR YOU.
You don’t constantly need someone standing over you telling you if your choice is “good enough” or not.
But, to do this, you need to put your big girl pants on and start truly thinking about the choices you are making. At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if Kale eats cancer, eats fat, or chews your food for you if you can’t stand it!
And this is okay!
You have options-which is a beautiful thing! You don’t need to be (nor should you be) pigeon holed into ingesting something you hate. Or never having anything that you love.
Because guess what?
If you HATE something, it’s not going to last. It’s not going to be made a long-term habit. And neither is NEVER having something you love.
Plain and simple.
It doesn’t matter what researcher, doctor, or talk show host is recommending it or saying you should stay away from it.
Stop looking for a secret or the “best” plan and start asking yourself some questions…
- What does my ideal healthy lifestyle (at this moment in time) look like to me?
- What types and combinations of food does it include? What foods do I want to live on?
- What types of food do I really enjoy, but maybe shouldn’t live on?...like the Chocoate Chip Cheese Cake in the picture…Is it worth incorporating into my lifestyle in some amount because I love it so much?
- What foods do I absolutely hate and never want to see again in my life? If these are healthy foods, what other healthy foods could I substitute so I am getting similar nutrients and satiety?
This is the thing, we don’t live in a black and white world.
There is no food that is going to cure all of your problems or create complete health. AND there is no food, that if you have it in moderation, is going to make you unhealthy or screw over your healthy lifestyle (unless it’s a food you are allergic to or your unique body just has a bad reaction to it.)
You ARE able to put your big girl pants on and make your own decisions about how you want to live your life.
But, you also have to stop thinking there is some magic plan or food out there that’s going to solve your problems. Because there’s not.
It’s about a lifestyle of overall health and living this way consistently for the long-term.
Sorry you read this entire blog to make your way to such a boring ending.
But! Boring can be pretty great too! Once you find this lifestyle and make it yours, you don’t have to worry about what Dr. Oz is peddling…it’s irrelevant…because you’ve already figured your own life out.
He will have to sell it to somebody else.
Think Fresh and Live Your Fittest and Fullest Life,
About the Company
- Oct 16, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #3 Mindset of Self
- Oct 9, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #2 Mindset Around Exercise
- Sep 25, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #1 Mindset Around Food
- Jul 10, 2017 What Is A Brainy Betty?
- Ashley's Life
- Dec 31, 2017 5 Best Brainy Blogs 2017!
- Does This Sound Like You?
- Exercise Science
- Healthy in the Real World
Mindset with Body/Self
- Dec 11, 2017 Why Telling Yourself You Love Your Body Isn’t Working…and What Will
- Aug 21, 2017 Learning to Love Yourself is the Most Self-Less Thing You Can Do
- Jul 24, 2017 How Self-Care Makes You Feel Better About Your Body
- Jun 3, 2017 Why Loving Yourself Doesn't Make You Lazy-It Makes You Awesome
- May 6, 2017 For the love of god, get in the picture!
- Aug 29, 2016 Why The "Love Your Body" Movement Is Wrong
Mindset with Food
- Jul 17, 2017 Put Your Big Girl Pants On And Make Some Choices
- May 28, 2017 "Eating One Slice is the Same as Eating the Whole Cake"
- May 21, 2017 How to Stop Punishing Yourself for Eating "Badly"
- May 16, 2017 I'm Not Teaching My Daughter to 'Work off' Her Ice Cream
- Dec 19, 2016 How 'The Fear of Missing Out' Makes You Overeat
- Mindset with Life
- Aug 14, 2017 Fitness Doesn't Live in a Bubble
- Aug 7, 2017 Want to Be fit? Stop Obsessing Over the Scale
- Jul 3, 2017 The Secret to Lifelong Fitness
- Jun 19, 2017 The Motivation Myth
- Apr 21, 2017 If Fat Loss is Your Goal, It Will Need to Evolve
- Jan 17, 2017 How Half Naked Fitness Selfies Do You a Disservice and Why I Don't Post Them
- Jan 17, 2017 Why New Year's Resolutions Fail and How to Finally Be Successful!
- Jan 17, 2017 How 'All or Nothing' Workouts Lead to Failure
- Sep 20, 2016 How Our Culture Makes You Despise Exercise
- Dec 6, 2016 Behind A Woman Apologizing for Her Existence
- Tell Me More