Training people in a small town I often hear things like:
- “You know other people who actually love themselves?”
- “You know other people who don’t constantly get caught up in gossip and talk crap about other people to make themselves feel better?”
Yea, I do.
Because those are the people I choose to let into my mind (my newsfeed, my books, my personal time etc.)
And over the weekend, I was in a room with 2,500 people like that. I was at a conference with entrepreneurs whose main focus is to better humanity. These people want to better themselves so they can better help others.
Being around that many genuine people at the same time helps you level up- get rid of more of your shitty layers.
It elevates you spiritually.
One of the speakers, Dr. Shefali (expert in conscious parenting) said, “Growth is deconstructive.” Meaning, in order to grow, you have to peel back the layers and get rid of the garbage holding you back.
At Brainy Betties we talk a lot about being your authentic self -because this is part of overcoming negative body image and negative relationships with fitness.
And part of uncovering your authentic self is removing the layers of garbage (untrue and negative thoughts) that have been put on you by our society or upbringing that hold you back from seeing who you really are (not who you think you “should” be, but who you really are) and living as that person.
We can always rise to our next level of spirituality (remove more layers of our garbage.)
This is always something I am trying to do. Sometimes the specific layers need to be pointed out to you, other times it’s just the company and energy you keep.
This is why the people you hang around are so important to the quality of your life.
Are they people that are trying to bring other people up? Or are they living in gossip and hiding behind the fear of not being good enough?
Because this is what gossip is…it’s comparing ourselves to others so we feel worthy. It’s really a constant comparison of where we “stand” in the world. “How am I doing/How am I measuring up?” in a sense.
But, this is the problem…our society is using the wrong measuring stick…
People in our society think that their happiness is outside of themselves (how successful they are, how they look, what they drive,) aka how they measure up to others.
But, the truth is, our happiness and our wholeness is already present. It’s inside. We just need to remove the garbage to be able to see it!
So, when you’re in a room full of such genuine and loving energy, you can’t help, but to level up. It makes you see life even clearer than you did before. It helps you be more of who you are because it just solidifies what’s truly important in your life and the lives of others (humanity.)
This makes you live in a happier, more fulfilled, and joyous state.
Pretty awesome if you ask me.
So, needless to say I will be returning next September to get more nuggets from some of the brightest most caring people in the world.
Not only to better Brainy Betties, but myself.
Be Fit AND Happy!
If you liked this post, and want to learn how you can be Fit AND Happy, click here.
About the Company
- Oct 16, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #3 Mindset of Self
- Oct 9, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #2 Mindset Around Exercise
- Sep 25, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #1 Mindset Around Food
- Jul 10, 2017 What Is A Brainy Betty?
- Sep 18, 2017 Yes, I Have Eaten An Entire Pizza
- Dec 31, 2017 5 Best Brainy Blogs 2017!
- Does This Sound Like You?
- Exercise Science
- Healthy in the Real World
Mindset with Body/Self
- Dec 11, 2017 Why Telling Yourself You Love Your Body Isn’t Working…and What Will
- Aug 21, 2017 Learning to Love Yourself is the Most Self-Less Thing You Can Do
- Jul 24, 2017 How Self-Care Makes You Feel Better About Your Body
- Jun 3, 2017 Why Loving Yourself Doesn't Make You Lazy-It Makes You Awesome
- May 6, 2017 For the love of god, get in the picture!
- Aug 29, 2016 Why The "Love Your Body" Movement Is Wrong
Mindset with Food
- Sep 5, 2017 I Eat Doritos in Bed
- Jul 17, 2017 Put Your Big Girl Pants On And Make Some Choices
- May 28, 2017 "Eating One Slice is the Same as Eating the Whole Cake"
- May 21, 2017 How to Stop Punishing Yourself for Eating "Badly"
- May 16, 2017 I'm Not Teaching My Daughter to 'Work off' Her Ice Cream
- Dec 19, 2016 How 'The Fear of Missing Out' Makes You Overeat
- Mindset with Life
- Aug 14, 2017 Fitness Doesn't Live in a Bubble
- Aug 7, 2017 Want to Be fit? Stop Obsessing Over the Scale
- Jul 3, 2017 The Secret to Lifelong Fitness
- Jun 19, 2017 The Motivation Myth
- Apr 21, 2017 If Fat Loss is Your Goal, It Will Need to Evolve
- Jan 17, 2017 How Half Naked Fitness Selfies Do You a Disservice and Why I Don't Post Them
- Jan 17, 2017 Why New Year's Resolutions Fail and How to Finally Be Successful!
- Jan 17, 2017 How 'All or Nothing' Workouts Lead to Failure
- Sep 20, 2016 How Our Culture Makes You Despise Exercise
- Dec 6, 2016 Behind A Woman Apologizing for Her Existence
- Tell Me More