Do you dislike being in pictures?
Do you dislike having your “flaws” permanently displayed in a picture?
But, do you also feel that knot in the pit in your stomach when you step out? Like it’s telling you you’re jumping out of something important?
Why It Hurts
you’re jumping out of your own life
It’s a brief second, but there’s a lot of these brief seconds in your life, right? These are seconds you’re missing out on with those you love.
This is why it feels like you’re escaping one kind of pain, but gaining another.
You're Reinforcing Your Negative Body Image and Hurting Loved Ones
Not only does stepping out of the picture reinforce your negative relationship with your body and yourself (because behaviors reinforce thoughts), but it also makes other’s miss out as well.
The people who love you WANT to see you in pictures. They WANT you to be with them and share in these special moments.
They WANT to be able to look back at those moments and see you with them.
Why You Feel This Way
Your Self-Worth is On Your Body
You want to step out of pictures because our culture has taught you to put your self-worth on your body. You have accepted your worth as a person is either partially or wholly determined by how your body looks.
You have been taught that you ARE your body.
You have accepted this as your truth.
But!!! This is only your current truth because you are CHOOSING it to be.
Because the ACTUAL truth is our culture’s expectations are made up, and you are way more than your body.
And you have a choice…
How to Start Rocking Some Photos!
If you want to be in pictures confidently with your loved ones, you need to practice staying in the picture, start viewing yourself as a whole person, and figure out where your value actually is.
Stay in the Picture
Even though staying in the picture will be hard at first, you want to help reinforce the action you want to take, and be comfortable with in the future.
The more you do this, and work on the things below, the easier it will become.
View Yourself As a Whole Person
Your body is your vehicle. It’s not who you are as a whole being.
As a whole being, you’re made up of your body, mind, and soul. We start experiencing pain when we forget the other two and put all our worth on our body.
Start figuring out what unique viewpoints you bring to the world-your mind’s value.
What lights you up inside so greatly that you can’t ignore it? How are you here to help the world? This is your soul’s value.
How can you use your body as a vehicle to do these things? This is where your body’s value ACTUALLY is.
Stop Letting the Media In
The media is one ginormous distraction from you living your fullest life.
You already have all of this worth in you, but you're being distracted from it by a powerful outside source.
If you want to take your worth off of your body, you need to stop listening to the media tell you that you are your body.
If you keep letting these messages in, it’s going to be very hard to heal.
YOU are in charge of what you let into your mind.
Embrace the Practice
The process of viewing yourself as a whole person is a practice.
This deep healing and searching is not easy. But, if you keep practicing, it’s something that you will get better at and will make you feel better in time.
If You Can’t Do it For Yourself right now, Do it For Those You Love
When you die, your loved ones aren’t going to say, “Wow, Mom’s fat roll is hanging over her pants an extra inch more than normal.”
They’re going to say, “Wow, look at mom! It’s great to see her! She always knew how to make me laugh.
I miss her.”
Live Your Fullest Life
You have such a full life to live. Don’t let yours pass you by, by living less than your most stellar life.
In the words of Drake, “Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.”
Make the choice to live.
Because you’re worth it. And so is everyone else your life touches.
Think Fresh and Live Your Fittest and Fullest Life,
Thanks for Reading!
If you think this could help someone you know, please share!!!
About the Company
- Oct 16, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #3 Mindset of Self
- Oct 9, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #2 Mindset Around Exercise
- Sep 25, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #1 Mindset Around Food
- Jul 10, 2017 What Is A Brainy Betty?
- Sep 18, 2017 Yes, I Have Eaten An Entire Pizza
- Dec 31, 2017 5 Best Brainy Blogs 2017!
- Does This Sound Like You?
- Exercise Science
- Healthy in the Real World
Mindset with Body/Self
- Dec 11, 2017 Why Telling Yourself You Love Your Body Isn’t Working…and What Will
- Aug 21, 2017 Learning to Love Yourself is the Most Self-Less Thing You Can Do
- Jul 24, 2017 How Self-Care Makes You Feel Better About Your Body
- Jun 3, 2017 Why Loving Yourself Doesn't Make You Lazy-It Makes You Awesome
- May 6, 2017 For the love of god, get in the picture!
- Aug 29, 2016 Why The "Love Your Body" Movement Is Wrong
Mindset with Food
- Sep 5, 2017 I Eat Doritos in Bed
- Jul 17, 2017 Put Your Big Girl Pants On And Make Some Choices
- May 28, 2017 "Eating One Slice is the Same as Eating the Whole Cake"
- May 21, 2017 How to Stop Punishing Yourself for Eating "Badly"
- May 16, 2017 I'm Not Teaching My Daughter to 'Work off' Her Ice Cream
- Dec 19, 2016 How 'The Fear of Missing Out' Makes You Overeat
- Mindset with Life
- Aug 14, 2017 Fitness Doesn't Live in a Bubble
- Aug 7, 2017 Want to Be fit? Stop Obsessing Over the Scale
- Jul 3, 2017 The Secret to Lifelong Fitness
- Jun 19, 2017 The Motivation Myth
- Apr 21, 2017 If Fat Loss is Your Goal, It Will Need to Evolve
- Jan 17, 2017 How Half Naked Fitness Selfies Do You a Disservice and Why I Don't Post Them
- Jan 17, 2017 Why New Year's Resolutions Fail and How to Finally Be Successful!
- Jan 17, 2017 How 'All or Nothing' Workouts Lead to Failure
- Sep 20, 2016 How Our Culture Makes You Despise Exercise
- Dec 6, 2016 Behind A Woman Apologizing for Her Existence
- Tell Me More