Do you look for pictures of fit people to give you motivation?
Do you think comparing yourself to those people will give you the drive to get healthy?
Well, this video is an oldie but a goodie.
It talks about why I don’t share half naked photos of myself with you-because it would do you a disservice.
Like I say in the video, you need to see that I practice what I preach and that I set a good example for what fit AND happy looks like, but beyond that, the fitness of my body doesn’t matter when it comes to you and your long-term fitness AND happiness.
I don’t want you looking at my body and comparing yourself to me in any way (and this includes getting short-lived motivation.) I want you to understand that you becoming fit AND happy comes from inside YOU.
And it starts with the relationship you have with yourself.
How you feel about yourself/how you treat yourself is your driver to fit and happy.
It’s what determines whether your relationship with food and exercise is a positive long-lasting one, or not.
Wishing you looked like someone else or trying to use this as your motivation will make becoming fit AND happy pretty hard.
WHEN I SAY FIT AND HAPPY, WHAT AM I TALKING ABOUT?
Can those two things even exist in the same sentence?!
Yes, they can.
And this is where I help you get to at Brainy Betties.
Fit AND happy feels like…
Freedom from obsessing about food, obsessing about exercise, and obsessing about your body.
It’s a state of caring for yourself and your body that is surrounded in self-care (love for yourself.) Not one of hate and trying to constantly hate yourself into change (in this case…wishing you were someone else.)
It’s having the fitness level you want while also loving the life you’re living.
Becoming fit AND happy elevates your life in ways you never knew were possible.
Not only will you live in a non-obsessed (happy) state, but you live in a state of love for yourself.
This love and active care for yourself is what takes your life to the next level.
Your next level of living.
Be fit AND happy!
About the Company
- Oct 16, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #3 Mindset of Self
- Oct 9, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #2 Mindset Around Exercise
- Sep 25, 2017 Why Brainy Betties was Created: Post #1 Mindset Around Food
- Jul 10, 2017 What Is A Brainy Betty?
- Sep 18, 2017 Yes, I Have Eaten An Entire Pizza
- Dec 31, 2017 5 Best Brainy Blogs 2017!
- Does This Sound Like You?
- Exercise Science
- Healthy in the Real World
Mindset with Body/Self
- Dec 11, 2017 Why Telling Yourself You Love Your Body Isn’t Working…and What Will
- Aug 21, 2017 Learning to Love Yourself is the Most Self-Less Thing You Can Do
- Jul 24, 2017 How Self-Care Makes You Feel Better About Your Body
- Jun 3, 2017 Why Loving Yourself Doesn't Make You Lazy-It Makes You Awesome
- May 6, 2017 For the love of god, get in the picture!
- Aug 29, 2016 Why The "Love Your Body" Movement Is Wrong
Mindset with Food
- Sep 5, 2017 I Eat Doritos in Bed
- Jul 17, 2017 Put Your Big Girl Pants On And Make Some Choices
- May 28, 2017 "Eating One Slice is the Same as Eating the Whole Cake"
- May 21, 2017 How to Stop Punishing Yourself for Eating "Badly"
- May 16, 2017 I'm Not Teaching My Daughter to 'Work off' Her Ice Cream
- Dec 19, 2016 How 'The Fear of Missing Out' Makes You Overeat
- Mindset with Life
- Aug 14, 2017 Fitness Doesn't Live in a Bubble
- Aug 7, 2017 Want to Be fit? Stop Obsessing Over the Scale
- Jul 3, 2017 The Secret to Lifelong Fitness
- Jun 19, 2017 The Motivation Myth
- Apr 21, 2017 If Fat Loss is Your Goal, It Will Need to Evolve
- Jan 17, 2017 How Half Naked Fitness Selfies Do You a Disservice and Why I Don't Post Them
- Jan 17, 2017 Why New Year's Resolutions Fail and How to Finally Be Successful!
- Jan 17, 2017 How 'All or Nothing' Workouts Lead to Failure
- Sep 20, 2016 How Our Culture Makes You Despise Exercise
- Dec 6, 2016 Behind A Woman Apologizing for Her Existence
- Tell Me More